"Invalid" Redemption Codes received with physical items purchased (2024)

Printable View

  • 01-04-2018, 10:07 PM

    echoica

    "Invalid" Redemption Codes received with physical items purchased

    I received both emerald and topaz carbuncle plushies as gifts for Christmas. I entered the accompanying minion codes in Mog Station and it says invalid. Can I get some assistance in redeeming these. They were purchased about a month ago...I'm extremely disappointed my codes are not working :(
  • 01-04-2018, 10:39 PM

    worldofneil

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by echoica

    I received both emerald and topaz carbuncle plushies as gifts for Christmas.

    Sorry, but the codes expired 31st December 2017. You needed to have redeemed them by then so you've just missed the cut off.

  • 01-04-2018, 10:51 PM

    echoica

    I would still like to speak to an admin about it. Since they were purchased prior to the expiry and I received them a few days late. They were a gift and it doesn't seem fair to ship something with a bonus code only to have it expire before it's received (and the shipping took weeks which is uncontrolled variable). Not to mention there is no expiry date on the product received...it's a virtual item, not exactly in limited quantity. Anyone else that is unhappy with this should post here too :( It's just such a huge disappointment.
  • 01-04-2018, 10:55 PM

    silverlunarfox

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by echoica

    I would still like to speak to an admin about it. Since they were purchased prior to the expiry and I received them a few days late. They were a gift and it doesn't seem fair to ship something with a bonus code only to have it expire before it's received (and the shipping took weeks which is uncontrolled variable). Not to mention there is no expiry date on the product received...it's a virtual item, not exactly in limited quantity. Anyone else that is unhappy with this should post here too :( It's just such a huge disappointment.

    They ship stuff with bonus codes expired even longer than that. All codes I believe currently have expire dates. Most games do this as well. While its unfortunate, I doubt they'll do anything about it. Even on the product page it lists the expiry date. I'm sorry you couldn't get your in game minion!!
  • 01-05-2018, 04:34 AM

    HyoMinPark

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by silverlunarfox

    All codes I believe currently have expire dates.

    To clarify, newer extras like the Wind-up Hraesvelgr and the upcoming Wind-up Yotsuyu do not have expiration dates tied to their code.
  • 01-05-2018, 04:54 AM

    Ariellendera

    Hello echoica, Thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

    Yes the codes did expire Dec 31st 2017. To look into your specific issue any further we would need you to contact the support center directly. We would need you to provide personal information to verify your account, and for your privacy we cannot do that here on the forums. Being that the codes are expired there is no guarantee that anything can be done. Here is the contact information for the support center.

    To reach phone support
    (310) 846-0345 Option 1

    To reach our live chat support please follow the steps below.

    1. Visit the SQUARE ENIX Support Center at http://support.na.square-enix.com/
    2. Select FINAL FANTASY XIV as the game title.
    3. on the next screen click on "Contact".
    4. You will then need to select a category and sub category from the drop down menus.
    5. Next, type a basic description of your inquiry in the "Contact details" section and click "Next".
    6. on the following page click "Next" again. Ignoring any Knowledge Base Suggestions that may apply.
    7. Provided your contact is during SQUARE ENIX Support Center's hours of operation, you should see a Chat Support option. Click "proceed to chat support" to initiate contact with one of our Chat Support Representatives.

    NOTE: Live service is available Monday through Friday, 9:00 - 18:00 (Pacific Time) (Excluding holidays)

    Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XIV! Hope to see you online.

  • 01-05-2018, 04:50 PM

    Pondelia

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by echoica

    I received both emerald and topaz carbuncle plushies as gifts for Christmas. I entered the accompanying minion codes in Mog Station and it says invalid. Can I get some assistance in redeeming these. They were purchased about a month ago...I'm extremely disappointed my codes are not working :(

    Same happened to me. My Emerald Carbuncle was a birthday gift on the 29th and my coworker was just able to give it to me last night at work. I'm completely devastated, so I can't imagine having TWO codes that won't work. :[
  • 01-05-2018, 10:52 PM

    echoica

    thank you for the kind response. I will try to connect with support during the live service hours :)
  • 01-06-2018, 02:44 AM

    Ariellendera

    Good Morning!

    When you contact support it is best to contact them through Live Chat. I hope you get a solution.

    Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XIV! Hope to see you online.

  • 01-06-2018, 02:49 AM

    echoica

    does live chat work in canada? it is during the live hours but I only see email support :o
  • 01-06-2018, 03:11 AM

    Ariellendera

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by echoica

    does live chat work in canada? it is during the live hours but I only see email support :o

    You need to select account/billing for the first category and additional services for the second category. These categories will allow you to have the live chat option. Yes it does work in Canada.
  • 01-06-2018, 03:35 AM

    echoica

    oh! thank you again. those options worked.

    They would not redeem my minion codes even with proof of purchase etc. I'm really disheartened by this as a long time supporter of this game with years of subscription time and purchases on the mog station/store. It seems like such a small and simple thing to fix for a dedicated customer :(

    I feel it calls for a better way of distributing such products. Codes for virtual items should not expire during the continued distribution of the associated item. And they should remove the tags if they do. Even with the small print online, this is not specified on the physical product. So in my case, it being a gift...it's really disappointing. Honestly, he expected to get an email with codes on purchase anyway so didn't even realize that the variable shipping time needed to be accounted for. I hope this feedback can be passed along at least.

    It also feels a bit unfair to hear others were able to redeem after the fact and its just a case of luck who responds to the ticket :(

  • 01-06-2018, 04:14 AM

    Ariellendera

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by echoica

    oh! thank you again. those options worked.

    They would not redeem my minion codes even with proof of purchase etc. I'm really disheartened by this as a long time supporter of this game with years of subscription time and purchases on the mog station/store. It seems like such a small and simple thing to fix for a dedicated customer :(

    I feel it calls for a better way of distributing such products. Codes for virtual items should not expire during the continued distribution of the associated item. And they should remove the tags if they do. Even with the small print online, this is not specified on the physical product. So in my case, it being a gift...it's really disappointing. Honestly, he expected to get an email with codes on purchase anyway so didn't even realize that the variable shipping time needed to be accounted for. I hope this feedback can be passed along at least.

    It also feels a bit unfair to hear others were able to redeem after the fact and its just a case of luck who responds to the ticket :(


    I am glad you got to talk to someone. I apologize you did not get the resolution you wanted! I will pass along your feedback. I will be moving this thread to "support center resolved" If you have any more issues please do not hesitate to create a new thread or contact live chat support.

    Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XIV! Hope to see you online.

All times are GMT +9. The time now is 01:56 PM.

"Invalid" Redemption Codes received with physical items purchased (2024)
Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Margart Wisoky

Last Updated:

Views: 5783

Rating: 4.8 / 5 (78 voted)

Reviews: 93% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Margart Wisoky

Birthday: 1993-05-13

Address: 2113 Abernathy Knoll, New Tamerafurt, CT 66893-2169

Phone: +25815234346805

Job: Central Developer

Hobby: Machining, Pottery, Rafting, Cosplaying, Jogging, Taekwondo, Scouting

Introduction: My name is Margart Wisoky, I am a gorgeous, shiny, successful, beautiful, adventurous, excited, pleasant person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.