The Dactyl Manuform is an open-source parameterized, split-hand, concave, columnar, ergonomic keyboard. Say that three times fast.
The Dactyl Manuform is a parametric design, meaning it's easy to adjust the design to your preferences with only minor edits to the source code. The below images illustrate the most common arrangements of rows and columns.
You can think of the 6x6 format as the most like a standard keyboard, with dedicated rows forthe F-keys and numbers.
The 5x6 format removes the F-row. As physical keys are removed, the missing keys are accessed via layers programmed in the firmware.
Now we're getting serious. The number row is dropped as well. Your hands stay closer to the home position at all times, reducing strain on your hands and wrists. Plus, it looks cool!
Hardcore! If you're going 4x5, this probably isn't your first Manuform. ;)
Upgrade your case to use Kailh Hotswap Sockets. This allows "hotswapping" switches, meaning you can simply pull your switches out of the case and swap them for another variety at any time. No soldering required!
About Our Prints
Our cases are 3D printed using high-strength plastics in a variety of colors. At a layer height of 0.2mm, each case pair requires nearly a full day of printing time. These are the cleanest FDM prints you'll find anywhere.
We are now printing an updated case design with adjustments to the top case and an all-new bottom plate design. The updated design features:
- No external screw or connector bosses, for a much smoother look
- ~5-7mm reduced overall height
- Internal holders for the ProMicro and TRRS jack (rather than the original RJ9 jack)
- Added a sixth screw to the base for a more secure fit
- All new matching bottom plate design, sold separately.
- Hardware is not included. Each complete case set requires (12) M3 hot-melt inserts and (12) M3 10mm countersunk screws. (These are included in our hardware kit.)
We can print in pretty much any material your heart desires, so contact us with your needs if you're interested in a custom filament or tweaks to the design. Cases are shipped with support material removed.
Each case is made-to-order. Please allow 5-7 days for production.